Black Mold Affects Pets

Mold is something that you don’t want to mess with. It can appear in your home with the smallest amount of moisture. The perfect environment for mold to grow is moisture and warmth, which is why water damage usually results in mold.

Leaving any sort of water damage out in your home will result in mold and mildew, which is dangerous, considering they can affect your health. However, if you have pets, it can be even more dangerous for you to have mold problems. Mold, especially black mold, can affect them worse than it affects humans. While some mold is toxic to humans, a lot more can harm your pets.

Going to will give you few ways to find out if you have mold in your home. However, your pet’s health should be a big concern regardless of what type of problem you have. You should take your pets to the vet with any sort of problem your pet may have, especially if it is out of the ordinary.

If it shows signs of shaking, fur loss, bleeding, or anything of the sort, a vet trip will be the most beneficial thing for you and your pet. If it is a mold problem, then you will have to get a mold remediation service or something similar to get rid of it.

Are HEPA Filters Effective on Black Mold?

There are many air purifiers on the market. It’s hard to choose between them, especially considering you might need it to purify certain things. Mold is a dangerous thing to have in your home, so that might be a reason you’re looking for one.

HEPA filters are one of the best ones out there, considering they use these air purifiers in hospitals and clean rooms to remove the microbes like viruses and bacteria. Mold spores will not escape a HEPA air purifier if you have it in your home. If you can’t schedule a mold remediation service immediately, HEPA air filters will do wonders for keeping the mold at bay.

Black mold is one of those dangerous molds that produce mycotoxins and you can find more information at Damage Control 911. Luckily, HEPA filters also take these out of the air and will protect you from these things. Mold spores can cause a lot of breathing problems, but mycotoxins can make you quite sick.

In harsh situations, it can even result in death. Make sure to get a mold remediation service into your home as soon as possible, though. HEPA filters can only stop the spores and mycotoxins from spreading through the home. It won’t remove the mold or stop it from spreading where it is, so make sure to get rid of it as soon as you can.

HEPA Air Purifiers Remove Mold Spores

Does it smell like smoke or mold in your house? The air in your home can be a lot better than what it is now. Mold is a pretty gross smell and it’s apparent whenever it is around you. I’ve been to a lot of places that smells like mold and it has never been a pleasant experience. It can turn anyone away from visiting or purchasing a home. There are many ways to get rid of that smell if you try! One of those things is an air purifier. While it won’t get rid of the mold itself, it will certainly make the air more breathable until you can get it removed by a professional.

Mold can be pretty hard to remove from your home. A HEPA air filter will eliminate spores and cause them to die in the grasp of the fibers inside. This is useful because mold can possibly spread from those spores if they get on your walls or in your food. That will end up causing more molds to spread and soon you have a nearly uncontrollable mold infestation! It can even destroy a house if you’re not careful about it. HEPA air purifiers work to pull these small particles from the air, eliminating that foul odor that comes with mold spores and mold growth.

Proper Protection For Mold Removal Process

Mold is an omnipresent material, many forms of it can be quite toxic and hazardous. Mold can cause a variety of help problems that produce symptoms ranging from the extremely mild to serious and sometimes even leading to death. You can browse to to know more about mold removal process.

When mold assessment occurs, the contamination is given are rating, generally from I-III and sometimes a Level IV. The mold remediation process determines which level of protection is required for the remediation/removal workers.

LEVEL I – Level I is designated for small isolated areas. This means Level I protection is required for areas of roughly 10 sq ft. This applies to things like ceiling tiles, or small floor or wall areas.

Specialized staff is not required, though they should be trained in proper cleaning and removal methods. This includes proper protection equipment. 

  • Dust suppression recommended.
  • Respiratory protection recommended (respirators or masks).
  • Unclean-able materials should be properly sealed and disposed of.
  • Immediate workspace is not to be occupied, adjacent areas or except for small children.
  • Worker entrance/exit should be cleaned with detergent and damp mop.
  • Work Areas, entrance /exits should be free of visible dust or debris and dry upon completion.

LEVEL II – Level II is designated for mid-sized isolated areas.This covers a range of 10-30 sq ft (objects such as individual wallboard panels or ceiling panels).

Dangers associated with water damage

When most people think of water damage, they think about losing everything that they have worked for all of their lives.

They think about where they are going to stay, what they are going to wear, and about how they are going to pay to have everything repaired or replaced.

The thing that they are not thinking about is the dangers that come along with having water damage in your home.

They don't think about the structure of the home being damaged. They don't think about the possibility of a ceiling tile falling on their heads as they walk through the water damaged home.

Even though these things are not thought about, they are still possible when you are dealing with  a water damaged home.

That is why it is very important to get in contact with a water damage restoration company when you discover water damage in your home. Not only will they have the tools to get your home repaired back to its origional state, but they have the experience needed to handle a situation like this.

Another danger of water damage is mold. Mold is the most common danger when dealing with water damaged areas. When the mold is left unchecked after water damage, it can spread very quickly throughtout the rest of your home.

So be sure to keep a look out for mold after a water damaged. If mold goes unattended to for a long period of time it can cause respiratory system infections, allergies, and in some cases, even death.  So it is very important to keep a look out for signs of mold in your home.

You can look at this site for more information.

Now, keep in mind that these are not the only dangers that are associated with water damage. However, these are the most common dangers of having your home affected by water damage.

Click for more info on the dangers associated with water damage in your home or office.